Saddleback District Cub Scout Day Camp
Day Camp 2004 Home
Day Camp 2004 Rangemaster
Come join us for the fun and excitement on the Archery range at the Saddleback Daycamp.
What we need:
Motivated and energetic adults and youth
(Youth Volunteers guidelines are 11 years old or entering 6th grade).
Desire to have fun is MANDATORY!!!
Give us one day, or all five (either morning or afternoon sessions).
Where we will be:
All archery training will be held at the Saddleback Archery range
Daycamp is held at O'Neill Regional Park at Live Oak Rd and Trabuco Canyon Rd
- From the 5 in San Juan Capistrano take the AVERY PKWY exit, go west on AVERY PKWY
- Turn left on CAMINO CAPISTRANO
- Turn right at 29251CAMINO CAPISTRANO (RANCHO CAPISTRANO)
- Follow the road past the school, then turn left (south) look for the targets
What we provide:
Standard Daycamp Training detailed here
Archery Training (actually mandatory) for all youth and any adults who do not have a current BSA Range Master qualification card
Opportunity for USA Archery Level I training (for ages 15 and up)
Archery Merit Badge program for Boy Scouts
Sr./Cadette/Jr. Girl Scout Leadership award or Sr./Cadette Girl Scout Community Service bar
Attend one of the archery training sessions (basic) listed below
Attend the range orientation session
Additional: for the BSA Merit Badge/Girl Scout Leadership & Community Service awards - attend setup/takedown days as noted below in addition to serving on the range ALL 5 days (either morning or afternoon session)
May 8 - BSA Rangemaster/Youth Volunteer Training; 12pm-5pm
May 16 - BSA Rangemaster/Youth Volunteer Training; 12pm-5pm
June 12 - Level I Course for BSA Rangemasters/Youth Volunteer (15 and older); 8am-5pm
June 12 - BSA Rangemaster/Youth Volunteer Training; 12pm-5pm
June 13 - BSA Rangemaster/Youth Volunteer Training; 12pm-5pm
June 19 - Range setup, 9am-5pm
June 20 - Range Orientation; 12pm-4pm
June 21-25 - Day Camp; Morning (8 am - 1:30pm) and Twilight (2:30pm - 8 pm), staff needs to be in place 1/2 hour before the sessions begin
June 26 - Range teardown; 10am-complete
- If interested please contact Jim Bennett at
to confirm dates available (adults) and which training date you will attend (all).
- Interested individuals will need to fill out the appropriate applications
(available on the website
here). These need to be turned in at your training session.
- Those interested in the USA Archery Level training - there will only be 20 spots available. If those assisting Saddleback do not fill the spots, the training will be opened to the entire Council.